Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Create alternative proposal, Front End, unavail.?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Create alternative proposal, Front End, unavail.?
Create alternative proposal, Front End, unavail.? 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
While the facility to add proposals is mentioned in the documentation, I cannot see how to make it work;
I have set the Add Proposals selector to Registered (although I would hope to restrict it to Administrator or at least Manager etc) and tried with both an Editor login and an Administrator login, and both menu types under Add new Menu Item, in the Front End.

but I see no option to add an alternative Proposal when the table is displayed?
- I am in fact using the proposals as different events as well as for alternative dates of some of them, all of them under an Item which is "Gigs and Reheasals", I don't think this affects the functionality, but I want the likely participants to be able to add columns for new gigs proposed etc.

I would be pleased to offer you an Admin login privately if this will help.
Thanks
Trevor
trebone
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Create alternative proposal, Front End, unavail.? 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 13
To add alternative proposal in the front-end, you have to setup the meeting with the maximum number of proposal that can be displayed.
By default, you can not add proposal.
You also have to defined which category of users that can add proposal. (Nobody [none], Guest, Registered users).
So go in the back-end, edit the meeting and go in second tab (proposal dates). You will find the options.

When you are administrator or manager, they have access the back-end and therefore they can update the meeting to add proposal. No need to do it from the front-end.

There is a maximum number of proposal to avoid creating very large number of columns and avoid that spammer exploit that to create very weird meeting.
You also have the option to enable the captcha to reduce risk linked to spammers.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop